With cinnamon streusel baked both on top and inside of the muffin, these sweet morning treats are irresistible!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (divided)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed, divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 7/8 cups all purpose flour (divided)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (divided)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Line a 12-cavity muffin pan with muffin/cupcake liners.
- In large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed), and vanilla extract on medium-high speed for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth and combined. Add the eggs and beat for a minute longer, until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Add the sour cream and milk. Continue to beat until fully incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add 1 3/4 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. salt to the bowl. Beat the mixture on medium-low speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- To make the streusel, place 1 1/8 cups flour, 2/3 cup light brown sugar (packed), 1 1/2 Tbsp. granulated sugar, 2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir with a fork to combine. Drizzle the melted butter into the bowl, and mix with the fork until the mixture forms large crumbs.
- Fill each muffin liner approximately 1/3 full with muffin batter. Crumble a scant Tablespoon of streusel into each muffin cup. Divide the remaining batter into the muffin cups. Sprinkle the muffins with the remaining streusel.
- Transfer the muffin pan to the preheated oven. Bake the muffins at 425° F for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350° F. Continue baking for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin pan from the oven. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing.
|Calories370Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
bckx 29 days ago
it was very good but i would cutting the streusel recipe in half because i made half and it was perfect if you made the whole thing, it would be way too much