With cinnamon streusel baked both on top and inside of the muffin, these sweet morning treats are irresistible!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Line a 12-cavity muffin pan with muffin/cupcake liners.
- In large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract on medium-high speed for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth and combined. Add the eggs and beat for a minute longer, until the mixture is pale and fluffy. Add the sour cream and milk. Continue to beat until fully incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl. Beat the mixture on medium-low speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- To make the streusel, place the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir with a fork to combine. Drizzle the melted butter into the bowl, and mix with the fork until the mixture forms large crumbs.
- Fill each muffin liner approximately 1/3 full with muffin batter. Crumble a scant Tablespoon of streusel into each muffin cup. Divide the remaining batter into the muffin cups. Sprinkle the muffins with the remaining streusel.
- Transfer the muffin pan to the preheated oven. Bake the muffins at 425° F for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350° F. Continue baking for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin pan from the oven. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing.