- 3/4 cup butter (chopped)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup strong black coffee (cooled)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour (sifted)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- icing (Coffee)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons strong black coffee
- cocoa powder (for dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 4 cup loaf pan and line the base and short sides with a strip of parchment paper.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until melted. Add the coffee and set aside to cool, about 10 mins.
- Stir in eggs, then fold in flour and sour cream until combined. Pour into prepared pan, smoothing top. Bake for 55-60 mins until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 mins before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing: Combine the powdered sugar and butter in a small heatproof bowl. Stir in enough coffee to make a spreadable consistency. Use a hot spatula to spread the icing over cooled cake. Serve the cake dusted with cocoa powder.
Binch 24 Jan
So good! Made my house smell amazing