- coffee (Topping Ingredients)
- 200 grams softened butter
- 250 grams sugar
- 3 beaten eggs (lightly)
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee (tbsp, dissolved in 1 water)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
- 250 grams flour
- dough (Sweet Bun, Ingredients)
- 500 grams bread flour
- 20 grams milk powder
- 75 grams sugar (castor)
- 6 grams salt
- 8 grams instant yeast
- 5 grams bread improver (vital wheat gluten – optional)
- 1 beaten egg (lightly)
- 200 grams cold water
- 75 grams softened butter
- Make the coffee topping first. Beat the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Gradually beat in eggs. Mix in coffee flavoring. Sift flour onto mixture and mix until combined then refrigerate.
- To make the sweet bun, Preheat oven to 200*C (400*F). Mix flour, milk powder, sugar and salt in mixer on low speed 1 min. then add in yeast, egg and water. Mix on low speed for 1 minute, then add in the butter. Continue mixing for medium speed for 8 to 12 minutes until the dough becomes elastic.
- Remove dough from mixing bowl and shape into a ball. Leave the dough to ferment for 30 minutes, then punch it down, then give it another 30 minutes more to ferment.
- Divide the dough into 55 gram portions. Roll each portion in to a ball and then cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Flatten a ball of dough and place a 15 gram cube of butter into the center of the dough.
- Gather the edges and pinch to seal. Pat into shape and place on a greased baking tray. Prove or Leave the buns to rise some more for 45 minutes.
- Scoop the topping into a piping bag and pipe it in a spiral pattern on the buns.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the buns are light brown.
- Served best when hot.
PER SERVING *
|Calories450Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.