Here's yet further proof that cod and potatoes are meant for each other, with frozen french fries a convenient stand in for making them from scratch, and you can cook them in an Actifry if you like. The cod is cooked with a bit of bacon, for a boost of smoky flavor, and then mixed with olives for a hit of brininess. Layer this mixture with the fries and sliced hard-boiled eggs, and delicious dinner is served.
- 1 kilogram frozen french fries
- olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion (large)
- 5 garlic cloves
- 100 grams bacon strips
- sweet paprika (to taste)
- 1 package codfish
- 1/2 jar pitted olives (sliced)
- salt (to taste)
- Place the potatoes in the Actifry and sprinkle with a thread of oil. Set Actifry for 25 minutes and fry (or fry traditionally).
- Boil the eggs in salted water.
- In a large skillet, combine the sliced onion and garlic cloves, sprinkle generously with olive oil and cook. When the onion is transparent, add the bacon and sprinkle with a little paprika. Let cook. Add the well drained codfish. Season with salt and simmer.
- Add the olives and mix.
- Place fish mixture on bottom of a serving dish and cover with the fries. Arrange the sliced eggs on top and serve.