Codfish with Cornbread and Roasted OnionsHoje para Jantar
- 4 pieces codfish (dehydrated)
- 4 slices cornbread
- 1 sprig parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onions (large)
- 8 onions (small)
- olive oil
- 1Hydrate codfish according to package instructions.
- 2Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 3Peel a large onion and cut into quarters.
- 4Place onions on the bottom of a glass baking dish.
- 5Arrange cod pieces on top of onions with skin side down.
- 6Rinse scallions, cut off roots and stems and leave the white parts.
- 7Make two cuts on the top in a cross shape and place scallions between pieces of cod.
- 8Rinse 3 garlic cloves. Place unpeeled garlic cloves in baking dish.
- 9Drizzle with olive oil until bottom of baking dish is covered.
- 10Chop parsley and one peeled garlic clove in the food processor.
- 11Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and pulse again to blend paste.
- 12Brush garlic paste over codfish. Sprinkle cornbread crumbs in an even layer over baking dish.
- 13Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes and a green salad.