- 3 filets (large codfish)
- 6 medium potatoes (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 150 grams ham (cut into strips)
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Cook codfish and potatoes in plenty of boiling, salted water until knife-tender.
- Drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté onion and garlic.
- When onion is translucent, add ham strips and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Remove skin and bones from codfish filets and flake with a fork.
- Mix fish and onion mixture.
- Coarsely mash potatoes with a fork and season with freshly ground white pepper.
- Mix mashed potatoes and fish mixture.
- Spread mixture in a greased baking dish and drizzle with whisked eggs.
- Top with breadcrumbs to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes until well-browned.
- Serve with a green salad.