Codfish and Ham BakeO Meu Tempero
- 3 filet (large codfish)
- 6 medium potatoes (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 150 grams ham (cut into strips)
- 3 eggs
- 1 onions (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- bread crumbs
- olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Cook codfish and potatoes in plenty of boiling, salted water until knife-tender.
- 3Drain well.
- 4Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté onion and garlic.
- 5When onion is translucent, add ham strips and sauté for a few more minutes.
- 6Remove skin and bones from codfish filets and flake with a fork.
- 7Mix fish and onion mixture.
- 8Coarsely mash potatoes with a fork and season with freshly ground white pepper.
- 9Mix mashed potatoes and fish mixture.
- 10Spread mixture in a greased baking dish and drizzle with whisked eggs.
- 11Top with breadcrumbs to coat.
- 12Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes until well-browned.
- 13Serve with a green salad.