Codfish Fritters - Thermomix RecipeAs receitas lá de casa
You can find recipes for codfish fritters in Spain, Portugal, and across South America, and for good reason: There's just something about the winning combination of cod and potatoes that is unlike anything else (and why they are also partnered in soups and chowders and other preparations across the globe). These fritters are a fairly straightforward versioin, with the essential onion, garlic, and parsley as the only seasonings (plus salt, of course).
- 500 grams codfish
- 200 grams potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- parsley (to taste)
- 75 grams onions (peeled)
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 2 eggs
- salt (to taste)
- 1Soak the cod in water.
- 2Boil the potatoes in a pot of salted water. Once cooked, drain, and set aside.
- 3In the Thermomix, combine the parsley, onion, and garlic and mince for 8 seconds on speed 5. Remove from the Thermomix and set aside.
- 4Drain the cod, wrap in a clean cloth, and squeeze dry.
- 5Add the drained cod to the Bimby and grind for 6 seconds on speed 4. Remove the cod from the Bimby.
- 6Place the potatoes in the Bimby cup and program for 6 seconds, speed 4.
- 7Combine the 2 eggs, codfish, and onion mixture. Season with salt and pepper, and mix for a few seconds at speed 4 until the mixture is homogeneous.
- 8Place the dough in a bowl.
- 9Use two tablespoons to shape the fritters and fry them in a skillet in plenty of hot oil until browned.
- 10Remove the fritters from the skillet and place them on paper towels to soak up excess grease.