If fish is what you are craving for Sunday dinner, give this Codfish Crepes recipe a try. It is packed with flavor and heartiness. Ingredients include flour, salt, large eggs, skim milk, butter, olive oil, onions, garlic cloves, bay leaf, creamed codfish, wheat flour, and pepper. The family will love this dish that takes 80 minutes to prepare and has 370 calories per serving. Serve with your favorite vegetable side dish.
- 125 grams flour
- salt (taste)
- 2 large eggs
- 250 milliliters skim milk
- 50 grams butter (melted)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 500 grams codfish (creamed, soaked and thawed)
- 1 tablespoon wheat flour
- 150 milliliters milk
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a bowl, mix the sifted flour and salt.
- Add the eggs and skim milk, and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Then, add the melted butter, and mix.
- Heat a non-stick pan, and add the dough by the spoonful until the bottom of the pan is covered. Cook one side, and then turn the crepe, and cook the other side.
- Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Heat the olive oil in pan, and add the onion, garlic, and bay leaf. Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the cod, mix well, and simmer until the cod is cooked.
- Add the flour, mix well
- Add the milk, stirring well until creamy.
- Season salt and pepper, and mix.
- Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Divide the mixture in crepes, and fold to wrap.
PER SERVING *
|Calories370Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.