Cod with Peppers and CornbreadHoje para Jantar
Cod, potatoes, and cornbread combine in this sheet pan supper, along with ample onion and garlic (as essential aromatics), bell pepper, a sprig of parsley, and olive oil for drizzling (be generous when doing so). This is an ideal dinner for busy weeknights, since it can be on the table in less than an hour and requires very little in the way of prep work, or a casual dinner party, with tapas and flan as the before and after offerings.
- 1 onions (large)
- 2 1/2 deciliters olive oil
- 3 slices cod (desalted)
- 6 potatoes (peeled and cut into quarters)
- 5 garlic cloves (unpeeled)
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 red pepper
- 2 slices cornbread
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Cut onion and spread it on the bottom of a baking tray. Drizzle with half of the olive oil.
- 3Place the cod slices, with the skin side down, in the middle of the tray. Arrange the potatoes around the cod.
- 4Cut the peppers into strips and distribute among the potatoes. Add the garlic cloves. Chop the parsley and sprinkle it on the potatoes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- 5Crumble the cornbread and sprinkle on the cod.
- 6Drizzle the bread with the remaining olive oil and bake on the middle oven shelf for 35 minutes.