Cod with Asparagus pureeKooking
You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Cod in False Pil Pil Asparagus combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 garlic cloves (small)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- prawns (optional)
- ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1For the asparagus, cut in half lengthwise coarsely chop and cook in plenty of boiling water for at least 20 minutes.
- 2Drain asparagus and puree asparagus, garlic clove and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- 3Season with salt to taste.
- 4Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté cod until done.
- 5Serve cod on the asparagus sauce.
- 6If desired, serve with grilled, peeled prawns and dust with ground cayenne pepper.