Cod on a Bed of Hummus with Pippin AppleMarmita
These fresh cod pastries make a refreshing lunch or dinner option any time throughout the year, regardless of season. Sauteed with lemon, garlic, and lime, the cod is then baked in a pastry bowl with goat cheese and fresh parsley until melty and crisp. Served over a bed of chopped apples tossed with vinegar and homemade or storebought hummus, this cod entree boasts a host of fresh and unique flavors, slightly sweet and just the right amount of savory.
- 2 slices cod
- 2 puff pastry
- 1/2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 lime zest
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 goat cheese
- parsley (to taste)
- 1/2 pippin apples
- cider vinegar
- hummus (another recipe)
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Bake the cod for about 4 minutes, remove the bones and the skin.
- 3Saute with the onion, garlic, a drizzle of olive oil, and lime zest. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4After braising, brush two glass oven-proof pans with olive oil, and line them with the pastry.
- 5Add the cod, and sprinkle the goat cheese and parsley on top.
- 6Bake for 25 minutes.
- 7Serve with 1/2 pippin apple cut into small pieces, and mixed with a few drops of cider vinegar, on a bed of hummus (different recipe), as pictured.