Cod and Red Pepper TapasEl invitado de invierno
Bring the flavors and foods of your favorite tapas bar home with you with this recipe for Cod and Red Pepper Tapas. Marinated in a lemon, paprika, and pepper marinade, the cod is full of rich flavor. Battered and fried until golden, each piece of cod is wrapped with a slice of roasted red pepper. Serve these Cod and Red Pepper Tapas with your favorite dipping sauces and a glass of wine. This recipe uses dried, salted cod. Follow the instructions closely to rehydrate.
- 500 grams dried salted codfish
- 2 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- all-purpose flour
- virgin olive oil (for frying)
- 1 red pepper (roasted and cut into strips)
- 1Cut the cod into strips and cover with cold water. Let sit at least 24 hours refrigerated to desalt. Change the water 3 times during 24 hours.
- 2The next day, dry off the cod.
- 3In a flat container, whisk together the lemon juice, paprika, ground black pepper, and the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the cod and turn it to coat it on all sides. Let marinate 3 hours refrigerated.
- 4Heat up 1 to 2 fingers of olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
- 5Set up 2 plates. One with all-purpose flour and the other with the beaten egg. Coat the strips of cod first in the flour and then in the egg. Fry until golden.
- 6Wrap each piece of cod with a strip of red pepper and serve.