Bring the flavors and foods of your favorite tapas bar home with you with this recipe for Cod and Red Pepper Tapas. Marinated in a lemon, paprika, and pepper marinade, the cod is full of rich flavor. Battered and fried until golden, each piece of cod is wrapped with a slice of roasted red pepper. Serve these Cod and Red Pepper Tapas with your favorite dipping sauces and a glass of wine. This recipe uses dried, salted cod. Follow the instructions closely to rehydrate.
- 500 grams dried salted codfish
- 2 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- all-purpose flour
- virgin olive oil (for frying)
- 1 red pepper (roasted and cut into strips)
- Cut the cod into strips and cover with cold water. Let sit at least 24 hours refrigerated to desalt. Change the water 3 times during 24 hours.
- The next day, dry off the cod.
- In a flat container, whisk together the lemon juice, paprika, ground black pepper, and the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the cod and turn it to coat it on all sides. Let marinate 3 hours refrigerated.
- Heat up 1 to 2 fingers of olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Set up 2 plates. One with all-purpose flour and the other with the beaten egg. Coat the strips of cod first in the flour and then in the egg. Fry until golden.
- Wrap each piece of cod with a strip of red pepper and serve.