Cod a BrazO Meu Tempero
Cod is a light and sweet cold water fish that is wonderful in many dishes. This Cod a Braz is a hearty dish that is ready in about an hour, so it is perfect for a family dinner any night of the week. This recipe combines sweet shredded cod with decadent vegetables and savory spices for a taste that is out of this world. All these delicious ingredients blend together into a decadence.
- 500 grams cod (shredded)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 onions (cut in half and then sliced thinly)
- 1 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrots (grated)
- 250 grams potatoes (shoestring, fries, or homemade potato chips cut into thin matchsticks)
- 4 eggs (extra large)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- black olives (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Bake cod, drain, remove the bones, and shred. Set aside.
- 3In a pan with olive oil, saute the onion, garlic, and bay leaf (halved and without the string).
- 4Add the carrot, and cook 1 minute.
- 5Turn off the heat, and add the shredded potatoes, and the cod.
- 6Whisk the eggs with some water (about 3 to 4 tablespoons), a pinch of nutmeg, pepper, and parsley (do not add salt).
- 7Mix well in the previous mixture.
- 8Place in an ovenproof platter brushed with olive oil. Press down for a compact mixture that can be served sliced.
- 9Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 10Top with black olives, and a few more sprigs of parsley.
- 11Serve with a lettuce salad.
PER SERVING *
|Calories300Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.