Cod With Bechamel and Potato sticksO Meu Tempero
Baked fish gratinee is a classic way to prepare fish; it's also rich and hearty and a bit of an indulgence, thanks to the bechamel sauce that's made with butter, flour, milk (use skim milk for a lighter sauce), and seasonings. The fish is shredded and sauteed with onion and garlic and also shredded potatoes (from the store) before being baked with the bechamel, and the whole thing will be bubbling and golden brown on top when it's ready to serve.
- 1 package potato sticks (400g "A Saloinha")
- 500 grams shredded cod (frozen)
- 2 onions (medium)
- 2 garlic cloves
- virgin olive oil (q.s.)
- 50 grams butter
- 100 grams plain flour
- 1 liter milk (skimmed milk)
- salt (q.s.)
- white pepper (q.s.)
- nutmeg (q.s.)
- 1 lemon (small)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1Cook the cod, drain and shred.
- 2Make a stew with onion and chopped garlic and a dash of olive oil. Add the cod and cook well.
- 3Add the grated potato and mix.
- 4Remove from the heat and pour into a baking tray.
- 5For the bechamel sauce, place the butter in a little pan at low heat until it's melted.
- 6Add the flour and stir well.
- 7Add the milk gradually and stir until thickened, always in low heat.
- 8Remove from heat and season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, lemon juice and parsley.
- 9Pour the béchamel on the previous mixture and set it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees until it gets a golden brown gratin