Cod Puff Pastry with VegetablesAs receitas lá de casa
Cod makes a tasty filling for puff pastry, especially when it is sauteed with sweet corn, sliced leek, minced garlic, chopped onion, bean sprouts, and grated carrots for a modern twist on tradition, and which is then topped with sliced hard boiled eggs, cooked french fries, and olives. Be sure to drain the cod saute mixture well before placing on the puff pastry dough to keep it from turning soggy.
- 1 cod (pack cream)
- olive oil
- 1/2 package frozen corn
- 1 leeks (thinly sliced)
- onions (chopped, to taste)
- garlic (minced, to taste)
- 200 grams beansprouts
- 200 grams carrots (grated)
- ground black pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 200 grams french fries
- olives (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Prepare fish and remove all bones.
- 3Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté fish.
- 4Add corn, leeks, chopped onion, minced garlic, bean sprouts, and carrots.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Cover and simmer.
- 7In another saucepan, cook two eggs in boiling water until hard-boiled. Drain eggs, cool, peel and cut into slices.
- 8On a floured surface, roll out sheets of puff pastry.
- 9Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 10Place rolled puff pastry sheet on prepared baking sheet. Pierce pastry bottom with a fork.
- 11Place filling on top of pastry on baking sheet. Drain cooking liquids from filling before placing on pastry.
- 12Place boiled egg slices, french fries and olives over filling.
- 13Top with remaining pastry sheet and brush with egg yolk mixed a bit of milk.
- 14Bake for about 25 minutes in preheated oven.