Cod makes a tasty filling for puff pastry, especially when it is sauteed with sweet corn, sliced leek, minced garlic, chopped onion, bean sprouts, and grated carrots for a modern twist on tradition, and which is then topped with sliced hard boiled eggs, cooked french fries, and olives. Be sure to drain the cod saute mixture well before placing on the puff pastry dough to keep it from turning soggy.
- 1 cod (pack cream)
- olive oil
- 1/2 package frozen corn
- 1 leeks (thinly sliced)
- onions (chopped, to taste)
- garlic (minced, to taste)
- 200 grams beansprouts
- 200 grams carrots (grated)
- ground black pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 200 grams french fries
- olives (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Prepare fish and remove all bones.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté fish.
- Add corn, leeks, chopped onion, minced garlic, bean sprouts, and carrots.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer.
- In another saucepan, cook two eggs in boiling water until hard-boiled. Drain eggs, cool, peel and cut into slices.
- On a floured surface, roll out sheets of puff pastry.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place rolled puff pastry sheet on prepared baking sheet. Pierce pastry bottom with a fork.
- Place filling on top of pastry on baking sheet. Drain cooking liquids from filling before placing on pastry.
- Place boiled egg slices, french fries and olives over filling.
- Top with remaining pastry sheet and brush with egg yolk mixed a bit of milk.
- Bake for about 25 minutes in preheated oven.