This savory fish pudding is just right for a weeknight family dinner, and can go from the oven to the table in less than an hour. It would also make a nice addition to a casual dinner party along with other serve yourself options. It's a flavorful m…
x of shredded cod, spinach (fresh or frozen works equally well), and a puree of garlic, chili pepper (seeds removed for less heat if desired), onion, and carrots. Beaten egg whites give the pudding its light and airy quality, while breadcrumbs make a golden, crispy topping.
- 2 cod fillets
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 red chile pepper (optional)
- 2 carrots
- 1 bunch spinach (or 225 g frozen spinach)
- water (as needed)
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Cook cod.
- Remove skin and bones and shred cod.
- Chop garlic and onion.
- Dice red chile pepper and remove the seeds.
- Grate carrots.
- Cook the spinach in a small amount of water, drain, and chop with a knife.
- If using frozen spinach, cook it in the microwave.
- Mix egg yolks with the cod, garlic, red chili pepper, onions, carrots, and spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and gently incorporate them into the other ingredients.
- Pour batter into a greased baking dish and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Serve with a tomato salad.