Cod Fish with Pesto and White BeansOn dine chez Nanou
Fish seasoned to perfection. Savory cod, prepared with cloves, onions, and basil to make the flavor pop, this dish is best served during the peak of harvesting.
- 1 bunch basil
- 10 grams pinenuts
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 70 grams grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil (10 cl.)
- 2 kilograms white beans
- 1 carrots
- 1 onions
- 2 clove
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 chicken stock cubes
- heavy whipping cream (10 cl.)
- 4 cod fillets (150 to 180 grams each)
- 1Make the pesto by mixing basil, pine nuts, parsley, and Parmesan cheese, in the blender.
- 2Add 10 cl of cold water, and gradually add the olive oil.
- 3Shell the beans.
- 4Peel and wash the carrot.
- 5Peel the onion, cut it into 2, prick each half with a clove.
- 6Put the beans in a pot or dutch oven and pour cold water to cover, add the bouillon cube and bring to boil. Drain, reserving the cooking liquid.
- 7Return the beans in the pot, add the carrot and onion and bouqet garni.
- 8Pour the broth so that the beans are covered.
- 9Cook the mixture for 30 minutes over medium heat, salt it 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- 10Drain,reserving the cooking liquid.
- 11Pour the broth into a small saucepan with crème Fraîche, heat until reduced, add the pesto (reserve 4 teaspoons), mix and add the beans
- 12Remove the carrot, onion and bouquet garni and let simmer over low heat until the fish is cooked.
- 13Heat olive oil in a frying pan, and brown the cod on both sides.
- 14To serve, arrange the beans on a plate, add a teaspoon of pesto and place a cod fillet on top with a few basil leaves.
PER SERVING *
|Calories730Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.