Fish seasoned to perfection. Savory cod, prepared with cloves, onions, and basil to make the flavor pop, this dish is best served during the peak of harvesting.
- 1 bunch basil
- 10 grams pine nuts
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 70 grams grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil (10 cl.)
- 2 kilograms white beans
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves
- 1 bouquet garni
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- heavy whipping cream (10 cl.)
- 4 cod fillets (150 to 180 grams each)
- Make the pesto by mixing basil, pine nuts, parsley, and Parmesan cheese, in the blender.
- Add 10 cl of cold water, and gradually add the olive oil.
- Shell the beans.
- Peel and wash the carrot.
- Peel the onion, cut it into 2, prick each half with a clove.
- Put the beans in a pot or dutch oven and pour cold water to cover, add the bouillon cube and bring to boil. Drain, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Return the beans in the pot, add the carrot and onion and bouqet garni.
- Pour the broth so that the beans are covered.
- Cook the mixture for 30 minutes over medium heat, salt it 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Drain,reserving the cooking liquid.
- Pour the broth into a small saucepan with crème Fraîche, heat until reduced, add the pesto (reserve 4 teaspoons), mix and add the beans
- Remove the carrot, onion and bouquet garni and let simmer over low heat until the fish is cooked.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, and brown the cod on both sides.
- To serve, arrange the beans on a plate, add a teaspoon of pesto and place a cod fillet on top with a few basil leaves.
|Calories730Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.