Sometimes when you are scouring through recipes to find the perfect one that will satisfy your sweet tooth and put smiles on your loved ones faces. This recipe for Cod Fish Cakes with Piquillo Pepper Mayonnaise combines three perfectly paired ingredients with a decadent and hearty taste that will leave your guests satisfied. The Cod Fish Cakes with Piquillo Pepper Mayonnaise recipe is a smooth and rich treat. If you want to experience pure palate pleasure, then try these sweet treats.
- 300 grams fresh cod
- 250 grams potatoes (peeled, and cut into chunks)
- 50 grams smoked cod
- 2 green onions (finely diced)
- ground black pepper
- 1 eggs
- bread crumbs (for coating)
- 2 piquillo peppers
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Heat equal amounts water and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Just before reaching boiling point, add fresh cod and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove cod.
- Place potatoes in the same water and boil for 15 minutes until tender.
- Drain potatoes and mash with a fork to obtain a puree.
- Remove skin and bones and shred cod.
- Finely dice smoked cod.
- Mix onion, smoked cod and fresh cod with potato puree.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika and let cool.
- Wet hands with water and form fish cakes in desired shape.
- Dust fish cakes with flour, dip in egg, and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry the fish cakes until golden.
- For the piquillo pepper mayonnaise, puree the mayonnaise and sliced peppers in the blender.