Cod Fish Cakes with Piquillo Pepper MayonnaiseKooking
Sometimes when you are scouring through recipes to find the perfect one that will satisfy your sweet tooth and put smiles on your loved ones faces. This recipe for Cod Fish Cakes with Piquillo Pepper Mayonnaise combines three perfectly paired ingredients with a decadent and hearty taste that will leave your guests satisfied. The Cod Fish Cakes with Piquillo Pepper Mayonnaise recipe is a smooth and rich treat. If you want to experience pure palate pleasure, then try these sweet treats.
- 300 grams fresh cod
- 250 grams potatoes (peeled, and cut into chunks)
- 50 grams smoked cod
- 2 green onions (finely diced)
- ground black pepper
- 1 eggs
- bread crumbs (for coating)
- 2 piquillo peppers
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1Heat equal amounts water and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2Just before reaching boiling point, add fresh cod and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Remove cod.
- 4Place potatoes in the same water and boil for 15 minutes until tender.
- 5Drain potatoes and mash with a fork to obtain a puree.
- 6Remove skin and bones and shred cod.
- 7Finely dice smoked cod.
- 8Mix onion, smoked cod and fresh cod with potato puree.
- 9Season with salt, pepper and paprika and let cool.
- 10Wet hands with water and form fish cakes in desired shape.
- 11Dust fish cakes with flour, dip in egg, and roll in breadcrumbs.
- 12Freeze for 10 minutes.
- 13Heat oil in a skillet and fry the fish cakes until golden.
- 14For the piquillo pepper mayonnaise, puree the mayonnaise and sliced peppers in the blender.