Cod Fillets with Sundried Tomato pesto, Spinach, and TomatoesOn dine chez Nanou
Meat dressed to perfection. The tomatoes and spinach draw out the rich undertones from the cod. Adorn with small leaves, slices of mandarin orange, or lemon to change the mood of your meal.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 kilogram fresh spinach (washed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 30 pinenuts (rams)
- 40 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 15 basil leaves
- 1 lemon (organic)
- 3 teaspoons bread crumbs
- 40 grams sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 teaspoons oil (sundried tomato)
- 4 cod fillets (150 grams each)
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil on a frying pan and saute spinach, adding progressively as it begins to wilt.
- 3Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Remove from heat and drain in a strainer.
- 5On a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add the garlic glove, spinach, and the crushed tomatoes.
- 6Cook, stirring regularly for 5 minutes.
- 7Set aside.
- 8On a small pan, toast the pine nuts until lightly browned.
- 9In a blender, add the sundried tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, basil leaves, lemon zest, breadcrumbs and oil.
- 10Blend to get a thick paste.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 12On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place the cod fillets, cover them with a layer of pesto.
- 13Bake for 20 minutes.
- 14To serve, place a circle of spinach, and top it with a cod fillet.