Cod Chips with Cilantro RisottoO Meu Tempero
Here's a lovely starter course for a fall dinner party. Risotto is always a good option when entertaining, since it is among the most beloved of Italian preparations and is easier to pull off then most people think. The risotto is topped with cod chips that are made by baking thin slices of cod until it gives off its liquid and dries out, but not too dry as you don't want it to be crispy, just chewy.
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 slices codfish
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onions (small)
- 200 grams arborio rice
- 100 milliliters white wine
- 1 liter water
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- black olives (sliced)
- 1Heat oven to maximum heat.
- 2On a baking sheet, add bay leaves and top with codfish pieces.
- 3Drizzle with half the olive oil and put a garlic clove on top of each slice of codfish.
- 4Watching carefully, bake for about 10 minutes, until cod releases the first gelatin (a white cream).
- 5If fish pieces are very thick, double cooking time.
- 6Do not over bake.
- 7For the risotto, heat remaining olive oil in a pan and sauté onion until translucent.
- 8Add rice and stir for about 1 minute.
- 9Add remaining chopped garlic, wine and cilantro.
- 10Stir until wine evaporates.
- 11Gradually add hot water until rice is tender, stirring constantly.
- 12Only use enough water to cook rice, discard any excess water.
- 13After turning off the heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 14To serve, arrange risotto on a plate and top with cod chips.
- 15Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- 16Garnish with sliced black olives.