Rice makes a wonderful foundation for main course dishes that are given heft with fish, such as the cod in this recipe. You can use fresh or frozen fish here, so long as you thaw the fish properly before you begin. Here the cod is combined with grat…
d potatoes (also frozen and thawed) and then cooked with seasoned eggs and cilantro, stirring constantly to avoid sticking. Round out the meal with a green salad.
- 500 grams shredded cod (I used frozen)
- olive oil (q.s.)
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 grams potato sticks
- 5 large eggs
- white pepper (q.s.)
- nutmeg (q.s.)
- fresh coriander (q.s.)
- black olives (q.s.)
- Bake the cod, drain, shred and set aside.
- In a pan with a little olive oil, sauté the onion (cut into thin slices), chopped garlic, and bay leaf.
- Add the grated potato and cod.
- Beat the eggs with a pinch of nutmeg and pepper (salt is not needed).
- Pour on the previous mixture and bake in low heat.
- Stir constantly so it does not stick to the pot's bottom.
- Add the chopped coriander and bake.
- Serve with black olives and sprinkle with more coriander or parsley if you like.
- Serve with a lettuce salad.