Coconut, Orange And Oats BiscuitsAs receitas lá de casa
These biscuits are given tropical flavors with grated coconut and grated orange zest that's mixed into the dough. Instead of flour, they are made with oat flakes, for wholesome goodness (buy gluten-free oats if desired). Bake just until they begin to take on color around the edges, when they will be the crisp but still slightly chewy. Once completely cooled, the cookies can be kept airtight at room temperature for up to a week.
- 125 grams margarine (at room temperature)
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 1 large eggs (or 2 small eggs)
- 1 orange peel
- 150 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast (powdered)
- 135 grams oats (flakes)
- 50 grams grated coconut
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- 2Beat the butter with sugar until it gets creamy.
- 3Add the orange zest and the egg. Stir again.
- 4Add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 5With a teaspoon, take small portions and place them in a baking tray lined with silicone mat or parchment paper (no need to grease).
- 6Cook until the tops begin to turn golden brown.
- 7Remove from the oven and place over a rack to cool.
- 8After fully cooled, store in an airtight container.
- 9Makes about 40 cookies (depending on size).