Coconut, Lime, Ginger, and Mint BallsAnanás e Hortelã
Coconut, lime, and fresh ginger just scream tropical deliciousness, and here the terrific trio is used in making these no-bake, gluten free balls, which are coated wtih even more shredded coconut. Fresh mint is also added, lending bright flavors and flecks of green to the sweet treats. The balls can be prepared ahead and kept in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for a few days or longer before serving.
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- 150 grams coconut
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 2 centimeters fresh ginger
- mint (to taste)
- 50 grams grated coconut (for sprinkling)
- 1In a bowl, place the condensed milk and add the coconut slowly, stirring to a firm mixture.
- 2Add the lemon zest, grated ginger, and a few sprigs of finely chopped mint. Mix well so the flavors permeate the mixture.
- 3Form small balls with your hands, and coat with grated coconut. Place in paper cupcake liners. Store in the refrigerator.