Coconut and Raspberry CakeHoje para Jantar
Coconut and raspberries are two flavors that complement each other perfectly. The sweet, tropical flavor from the coconut works in perfect harmony with the tartness of the raspberries. In this dessert, the coconut and rapsberries are mixed into a buttery and rich cake batter for the perfect after dinner treat. Once the cake comes out of the oven it is soaked in a sugar syrup to give it an extra bit of moisture, then brushed with raspberry jam and sprinkled with coconut for an extra little bit of flavor.
- 265 grams sugar
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1 deciliter milk
- 80 gramscoconut
- 135 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (or fresh)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons raspberry jam
- grated coconut (for garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- 2Add the sugar to the yolks and whisk until you get a whitish cream.
- 3Add milk and coconut.
- 4Add the flour and baking powder.
- 5Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks, with a pinch of salt.
- 6Mix the whisked egg whites into the dough, without beating, so that the dough does not lose air, and the cake is fluffy.
- 7Grease a baking tray, or square baking pan with butter, and sprinkle with flour.
- 8Pour the dough onto the baking tray, and spread a few raspberries on top
- 9Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 10Do the toothpick test before removing the cake from the oven.
- 11For the sauce, place the milk, butter, and sugar in a saucepan, and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- 12After removing the cake from the oven, and while it is still hot, poke it with a toothpick and drizzle with the sauce.
- 13Brush the surface of the cake with raspberry jam, and sprinkle with grated coconut.
PER SERVING *
|Calories670Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.