If you like lemon bars, you're in for a treat, especially if you also happen to be a fan of all things coconut. In this supremely moist and tangy version, coconut milk and coconut flavored yogurt (or plain yogurt, take your pick) are blended into the batter, with desiccated coconut sprinkled on top of the squares as soon as they come out of the oven. You'll need a sharp knife to cut into squares, wiping it clean between each slice.
- 180 grams sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 lemon (large, juice and zest)
- 1 yogurt (natural or coconut flavored)
- 125 milliliters coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 250 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 grams coconut (dehydrated)
- coconut (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 356°F. Grease a small pan with margarine and coat with flour and grated coconut. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add sugar, eggs and lemon zest. Beat for a few minutes until batter is smooth and fluffy.
- Add the yogurt, coconut milk, oil and lemon juice and beat again. Add the flour, baking powder and grated coconut. Beat at lower speed until ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle immediately with grated coconut. Cut into squares and serve.