Coconut and Lemon CakeMarmita
Embrace the flavors of the tropics with this delicious Coconut and Lemon Cake. Made with coconut milk and a splash of rum, this Coconut and Lemon Cake feature balances these warmer flavors perfectly with the delicate citrusy flavor of fresh lemon zest. Ground almonds add a beautiful richness and density to this otherwise light cake. Spread the cake with plenty of icing and garnish with toasted coconut or almonds as you so desire before it hardens.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 lemon zest (and juice)
- 2 teaspoons rum
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (peeled)
- 100 grams white sugar (fine)
- 1 egg whites
- 2 drops lemon
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Grease a cake mold with butter, and sprinkle with flour.
- 3Sift the flour and baking powder, mix in the salt, and set aside,
- 4In a pan, heat the coconut milk, butter, and lemon juice until the milk warms up and the butter melts. Set aside until warm.
- 5In a bowl, place the sugar and lemon zest, and mix with your fingertips until the zest releases its oil, and the mixture resembles wet sand.
- 6Add the eggs, and beat with an electric mixer until the mixture doubles in volume. Add the rum.
- 7Grind the almonds, add to mixture, and mix well.
- 8Finally, add the coconut milk, and stir well.
- 9Place the dough in the mold, and bake until it's cooked (toothpick test).
- 10Let the cake cool completely, while you prepare the topping.
- 11Place the sugar in a blender or food processor, and mix until the sugar is powdered.
- 12Turn off the machine, and add the egg whites, and lemon drops, and mix until obtaining desired consistency.
- 13Spread on the cooled cake, and the let the icing harden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1020Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.