- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated peeled)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 cup chopped cilantro (stalks and roots, reserve chopped leaves)
- 8 inches lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 cans coconut milk (14 oz each)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce (or to taste)
- 8 kaffir lime leaves (shredded)
- 1 pound new potatoes (baby, peeled, cut into chunks if large)
- 8 ounces green beans (thin, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 pound white fish fillets (firm, cut into small chunks)
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 red chili peppers (long medium-hot, thinly sliced)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Cook onion for 10 mins until tender; do not brown. Add ginger, garlic, cilantro stalks and roots and lemongrass and stir for 2 mins.
- Stir in curry paste and cook for 2 mins. Add coconut milk, fish sauce and 4 of the lime leaves. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring. Reduce heat to low; simmer, partially covered, for 30 mins.
- Steam or boil potatoes until tender. Cook beans in boiling, lightly salted water for 3–5 mins, until just losing their crunch. Drain and refresh with cold water.
- Add potatoes, beans, fish and spinach to curry. Cook gently until fish is just cooked, about 5 mins. Stir in lime juice, most of the cilantro leaves and remaining lime leaves. Garnish with bean sprouts, chopped cilantro and sliced chili pepper.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1020Calories from Fat770|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat770|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.