Rice pudding takes on tropical flavors when coconut milk is added to the custard mixture and chopped mango is used as the topping. Arborio rice, which is the type used in making Italian risotto, is also the best option for this pudding, too, since it has a firmer texture that makes for a more toothsome consistency. Be sure to rinse it well before using to remove the excess starch, and to stir the rice frequently while cooking.
- 1 liter milk
- 100 grams sugar
- 100 grams arborio rice
- 200 milliliters coconut milk
- 1 mango (to taste)
- physalis (for garnish, optional)
- Heat milk, sugar and washed and drained rice in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir regularly.
- Halfway through cooking, add coconut milk.
- Cook until rice is tender.
- Let cool and pour in glasses.
- Top with chunks of mango, to taste.
- Garnish with physalis, if desired.