Coconut Pudding with Papaya and KiwiO Meu Tempero
These tropical parfaits are made by layering coconut pudding with kiwi and papaya. To boost the flavor of the pudding, you steep the shredded coconut in boiled milk for half an hour, then strain the coconut and use the milk to make the custard base with sugar, cornstarch, egg, and vanilla extract. Be sure to whisk constantly while cooking the custard to keep lumps from forming and to ensure that it cooks evenly.
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- fine salt
- 1 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 papaya
- 2 kiwi
- 1Bring the milk in a saucepan to a boil.
- 2Turn off the heat, add the grated coconut, and cover the pan.
- 3Let rest for 30 minutes.
- 4Strain and put the milk back in the saucepan.
- 5In a bowl, mix the sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- 6Add the sugar mixture to the coconut milk in the saucepan.
- 7Add the beaten egg and vanilla extract.
- 8Turn on the heat and whisk constantly until the mixture thickens.
- 9Let cool and pour the mixture into the glasses alternating with papaya and kiwi cut in small pieces.
- 10Refrigerate until the pudding sets.
- 11Serve cool.