- 14 ounces coconut cream
- 1 lemon peel (finely grated and lemon juiced)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (Indonesian ground chili paste)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 4 white fish fillets (firm, such as cod or pollock, 4-5 oz each)
- 3 ounces baby spinach leaves
- steamed rice
- red chili pepper
- green onion
- Place coconut cream, lemon peel and juice, fish sauce, sugar, sambal oelek and garlic in a large skillet on high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring.
- Reduce heat to low; add fish. Cover; simmer gently 8-10 mins, until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer fish to a plate. Stir spinach in poaching liquid; simmer 1 min.
- Serve fish on a bed of rice. Drizzle with poaching liquid; top with green onion and sliced chili pepper.