A classic Italian cream dessert, this Coconut Panna Cotta with Pineapple Sage puts a sweet twist on a classic favorite. Made with a mixture of cream, milk, and coconut milk, this panna cotta has a rich creamy flavor and texture. Sweetened with raw sugar and flavored with whole vanilla bean, this coconut panna cotta is topped with a sweet caramelized pineapple and sage topping. Keep the panna cotta in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 250 milliliters milk & cream
- 250 coconut milk
- 100 grams raw sugar
- 1 vanilla beans
- 3 gelatin sheet
- 2 pineapple slices
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 3 sage leaves (–4 fresh)
- Soak the gelatin sheets for 10 minutes in cold water.
- Place the milk cream and the coconut milk in a medium saucepan, add the raw sugar and the seeds of the vanilla bean.
- Bring the mixture to an almost boil and turn off the heat.
- Wring out the gelatin sheets and add them to the mixture stirring well to incorporate.
- Pour the cream into 6 individual dessert bowls, let the mixture cool completely and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Dice the pineapple slices and place them in a pan with the 3 tablespoons of raw sugar and the sage leaves to caramelize, add water if necessary.
- Cook the pineapple for approximately 10 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Remove the dessert bowls from the refrigerator, place some of the caramelized pineapple and sage on each bowl and return the bowls to the refrigerator until it is time for the panna cotta to be served.
PER SERVING *
|Calories420Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.