- 3 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 sticks butter (at room temp.)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs (at room temp.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest (finely grated)
- 1 cup coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking Soda, and salt together and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and butter on medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add the sugar and keep beating until light and fluffy ( about 5 minutes ). Scrap the sides occasionally as you beat the mixture.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat at medium-high speed after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla, lime juice and coconut.
- At low speed, beat in the flour mixture in 3 separate additions. Beat each addition only until it's just incorporated.
- Stop the mixer now and then to scrap the sides of the bowl.
- After all the flour mixture has been added, fold in the lime zest.
- Carefully pour or spoon the batter into greased and floured 10-inch bundt pan. Try and spread the batter so that the sides are higher than the center.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the cake is golden or until a long thin knife inserted in the center comes out clean. About 1 hour and 30 minutes. Keep a close eye on the colour, it may not take this long to bake.
- When the cake is done place it on a wire cooling rack and let it cool off for about 15 minutes. While the cake is cooling, make the glaze.
- Whisk all the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl until blended.
- Invert the cake over a large plate ( after 15 min. of cooling ). and carefully lift off the pan.
- Poke holes all over the surface and try to go deep inside so the glaze will drip throughout the cake.
- Using a spoon, carefully drizzle the glaze all over the entire surface allowing it to seep into the holes and slide down the sides. There will be a pool of glaze in the center of the cake. This can be spooned up and served with the individual slices. Serve with fresh berries and a margarita