It doesn't so much matter what you use in the pudding mixture, as long as you blend it thoroughly so it's completely smooth. Quark, cottage cheese, whatever you prefer will work equally well here. After all, there's sweetened condensed milk, five whole eggs, and shredded coconut that will ensure delicious results every time. You'll need to line the individual baking dishes with caramel to help them release easily when unmolding, and to bake these dishes in a roasting pan with boiling water (to come halfway up the baking dishes).
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cans milk (using empty condensed milk can as unit of measurement)
- 100 grams grated coconut
- 1 curd cheese
- 5 eggs
- liquid caramel
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- Caramelize small ramekins and set aside.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a blender.
- Use empty sweetened condensed milk can to measure the amount of milk.
- Divide mixture evenly among the ramekins.
- Bake in preheated oven in a water bath for about 25 minutes.
- If using a big tray, double cooking time.
- Cool and remove from ramekins and decorate, to taste.
- Serve freshly baked.