Coconut Drench CakeAs receitas lá de casa
This luscious cake is a spin on tres leches (three milks) cake, so named for the condensed milk, regular milk, and coconut milk (used here) that's poured over the cake after baking and infused it with incredible flavor. You need a light cake to soak up that much liquid, and that's why this cake recipe calls for beaten egg whites to be folded into the batter, and which needs no other fat except for that provided by the yolks.
- 4 eggs
- 2 sugar (teacups of)
- 250 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 250 milliliters milk (boiling)
- 250 milliliters condensed milk
- 1 can milk
- 1 can coconut milk
- 150 grams grated coconut
- 1Cake Preparation:
- 2Preheat oven to 360 F.
- 3Whisk the egg whites.
- 4Add the egg yolks one by one and beat on low speed.
- 5Add sugar and beat until it forms small bubbles.
- 6Mix the flour and the baking powder.
- 7Alternately, add the flour and milk.
- 8Place in a large, greased, and floured baking tray.
- 9Bake for about 35 minutes.
- 10Syrup Preparation:
- 11Mix the condensed milk, milk, and coconut milk togetherl.
- 12Once the cake is out of the oven, cut it into squares, and cover it with the syrup.
- 13Sprinkle the grated coconut on top of the syrup.
- 14Refrigerate overnight.