This luscious cake is a spin on tres leches (three milks) cake, so named for the condensed milk, regular milk, and coconut milk (used here) that's poured over the cake after baking and infused it with incredible flavor. You need a light cake to soak up that much liquid, and that's why this cake recipe calls for beaten egg whites to be folded into the batter, and which needs no other fat except for that provided by the yolks.
- 4 eggs
- 2 sugar (teacups of)
- 250 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 250 milliliters milk (boiling)
- 250 milliliters condensed milk
- 1 can milk
- 1 can coconut milk
- 150 grams grated coconut
- Cake Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 360 F.
- Whisk the egg whites.
- Add the egg yolks one by one and beat on low speed.
- Add sugar and beat until it forms small bubbles.
- Mix the flour and the baking powder.
- Alternately, add the flour and milk.
- Place in a large, greased, and floured baking tray.
- Bake for about 35 minutes.
- Syrup Preparation:
- Mix the condensed milk, milk, and coconut milk togetherl.
- Once the cake is out of the oven, cut it into squares, and cover it with the syrup.
- Sprinkle the grated coconut on top of the syrup.
- Refrigerate overnight.