Coconut Curry with SquidAs receitas lá de casa
Squid is a good protein to use in making curries, since the mild mannered seafood takes kindly to assertive taste of the curry powder. Here it's first cooked until tender in a pressure cooker to save time, then it's finished in the pan with the sauted garlic onion, bacon, bell pepper, and tomato, and the sauce is finished with coconut milk and the spices. Rice is the essential side dish.
- 1 kilogram squid rings
- olive oil (to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 onions (small, chopped)
- 1 piece bacon (cubed)
- 1/2 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 tomatoes (ripe, chopped)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons curry
- 1Cook squid in a pressure cooker for 15 minutes.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Heat olive oil in a saucepan and sauté garlic, onion, and bacon.
- 4Cook until bacon is crispy. Add pepper and tomato.
- 5Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Add squid rings.
- 7Cover saucepan and simmer for 5 additional minutes.
- 8Add coconut milk and curry.
- 9Stir well and bring to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 10Serve with white rice.