If you want a decadent dinner that combines sweet and savory, then try this recipe for Zucchini and Chicken Coconut Curry and Rice Gratin. It is packed with palate pleasing flavors and textures. The taste buds will dance when presented with the sweet coconut milk paired with the hearty chicken and zucchini. Be sure to pick up the ingredients this week and surprise your loved ones with a delicious dinner.
- 200 grams basmati rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 zucchinis (medium)
- 2 shallots
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons curry (yellow)
- coconut milk (20 cl.)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- gruyere cheese (grated)
- Rinse the rice with clean water and then cook in salted boiling water.
- Dice the chicken.
- Wash and thinly slice the zucchini.
- Mince the shallots.
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in the wok.
- Add the chicken and shallots and brown.
- Once browned, add the zucchini.
- Continue cooking, while mixing, for a few minutes.
- Add curry and coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Grease a baking dish with a small amount of olive oil and add the drained rice.
- Pour the chicken zucchini mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place in the oven, when the food begins to bubble, change oven temperature to broil.
- Watch carefully and cook until golden and the cheese is gratined.
- Serve hot.