- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup minced onion (finely)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ginger root (finely grated)
- 14 1/2 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 unsweetened coconut milk (13.66 fl. oz. can)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups truRoots Organic Sprouted Green Lentils
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (finely, plus sprigs for garnish)
- lime wedges (Fresh)
- MELT coconut oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Saute until softened. Add garlic and ginger root. Cook until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes and curry paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- ADD coconut milk, water and salt. Bring to boil. Stir in lentils. Reduce to simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 35 minutes or just until tender. Stir in cilantro. Serve stew with additional sprigs of cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.