- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 carrots (peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch chunks)
- 1 sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into1/2-inch cubes)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste (or red curry paste)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (yellow)
- salt and ground black pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- 1 lime (juice)
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- roasted cashews (bits, to garnish)
- cilantro (to garnish)
- Add the coconut oil to the KitchenAdi® Tri-Ply Copper 3.0 Quart Saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the carrots, sweet potatoes, vegetable stock, curry paste, curry powder, salt, and freshly ground black pepper (to taste) to the Saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes. The vegetables should be very tender.
- Add the carrot and sweet potato mixture, lime juice, and coconut milk (optional: reserve an ounce of milk for garnish) to the jar of the KitchenAid® High Performance Series Blender and secure the lid on top. Turn the dial to Speed 1 and slowly increase to Speed 5 or 6 and blend until smooth for 1-2 minutes. Steam should be visible.
- Serve immediately, topping with cashew bits and cilantro (and coconut milk if you desire).
PER SERVING *
|Calories250Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
AllstarHomeCook 23 days ago
Excellent! Light yet with a thick consistency; beautiful color made for a wonderful presentation. Used a really large sweet potato (as it's what I had on-hand), substituted a good olive oil for the coconut oil & added some ground ginger / cinnamon to taste. Will definitely make again - perhaps at Thanksgiving.