- 125 grams butter (at room temperature, chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup dry coconut
- 1 package cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 170 grams white chocolate (good quality, I used Cadbury Dream because it was the only one on the shelf! Damn Christmas!)
- 1/4 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- dry coconut (for decoration)
- 1. Preheat oven to moderate, 180C. Line 2 x 12-hole muffin pans with paper cases.
- 2. In a large bowl, using an electric beater, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- 3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift flours and soda together. Fold into creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Fold in desiccated coconut.
- 4. Spoon mixture into paper cases until 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked when tested. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 1. Stir white chocolate in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water until just melted. Cool to lukewarm.
- 2. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. beat in cooled, melted white chocolate and vanilla, gradually beat in sugar and continue beating until smooth. Frosting should be light and spreadable. It is helpful to chill a bit before piping.
|Calories1570Calories from Fat780|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat780|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.