Coconut-Crusted Pork Tenderloin LollipopsPork
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup sweetened coconut (shredded)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ground black pepper
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread coconut on baking sheet. Place in heated oven and bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring halfway through baking.
- 2Meanwhile, place honey, jam, ginger and garlic in blender container. Cover and blend until well mixed.
- 3Rub tenderloin with oil; season with salt and pepper. Prepare a medium-hot fire in covered grill. Grill tenderloin, over direct heat for 5 minutes or just until entire surface is brown, turning occasionally. Adjust grill to indirect heat; generously brush entire tenderloin with honey-apricot mixture. Cover and grill over indirect heat for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F., brushing generously with additional honey-apricot mixture halfway through grilling. Transfer pork to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 10 minutes.
- 4Brush tenderloin again with honey-apricot mixture. Coat tenderloin in coconut, firmly pressing coconut on pork. Skewer with lollipop sticks or bamboo skewers, from the top straight through to the bottom, at 1/2-inch intervals. Slice between sticks into lollipop-shaped pieces. Pat edges of “lollipops” with remaining coconut, if necessary.
PER SERVING *
|Calories200Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.