Coconut Cookie with Rice FlourLe ricette di Micol
Made with homemade coconut butter, this recipe for Coconut Cookie with Rice Flour is dairy free. Lightly flavored with lemon and thyme, this lightly sweetened cookie has a delicious lemon and herb flavor that combines beautifully with the rich coconut flavor. These cookies are made with a blend of rice and regular flour for a crumbly cookie with a denser texture. Serve these cookies in the afternoon with a cup of tea or a tall glass of your favorite non-dairy milk.
- 200 grams coconut flour
- 200 milliliters water
- 60 grams coconut butter
- 1 egg yolks
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 thyme (twigs)
- 75 grams powdered sugar
- 100 grams rice flour
- 100 grams flour
- granulated sugar
- 1To prepare the coconut butter, place the coconut flour in a large saucepan and cover it completely with the water.
- 2Turn on the heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- 3Reduce the heat, stir often, and add water as it evaporates.
- 4Cook for approximately 20 minutes, then filter the mixture, use a potato masher for the coconut flour.
- 5Place the mixture in an airtight container and refrigerate it overnight, the next day, remove the container from the refrigerator, the solid, fatty part on top is the butter.
- 6Filter the mixture again to separate the fatty part from the liquid. (The liquid part can be added to shampoo or conditioner or used as a moisturizer for the body. The coconut butter is excellent for the skin, the lips, and the hair, and it is obviously edible as well.)
- 7To prepare the cookies, stir the coconut butter with the powdered sugar and the thyme leaves, just enough to combine.
- 8Add the egg yolk, a pinch of salt, and the two types of flour sifted together.
- 9Add the lemon juice and shape the dough into a ball, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for approximately 1 hour.
- 10Flour the work surface and roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/2 centimeter and cut out the cookies with a cookie cutter of your choice.
- 11Sprinkle the cookies lightly with granulated sugar.
- 12Bake at 160C for 10 minutes, until the cookie edges are lightly golden.
- 13Remove the cookies from the oven and cool them on a wire rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories260Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.