Made with homemade coconut butter, this recipe for Coconut Cookie with Rice Flour is dairy free. Lightly flavored with lemon and thyme, this lightly sweetened cookie has a delicious lemon and herb flavor that combines beautifully with the rich coconut flavor. These cookies are made with a blend of rice and regular flour for a crumbly cookie with a denser texture. Serve these cookies in the afternoon with a cup of tea or a tall glass of your favorite non-dairy milk.
- 200 grams coconut flour
- 200 milliliters water
- 60 grams coconut butter
- 1 egg yolks
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 thyme (twigs)
- 75 grams powdered sugar
- 100 grams rice flour
- 100 grams flour
- granulated sugar
- To prepare the coconut butter, place the coconut flour in a large saucepan and cover it completely with the water.
- Turn on the heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, stir often, and add water as it evaporates.
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes, then filter the mixture, use a potato masher for the coconut flour.
- Place the mixture in an airtight container and refrigerate it overnight, the next day, remove the container from the refrigerator, the solid, fatty part on top is the butter.
- Filter the mixture again to separate the fatty part from the liquid. (The liquid part can be added to shampoo or conditioner or used as a moisturizer for the body. The coconut butter is excellent for the skin, the lips, and the hair, and it is obviously edible as well.)
- To prepare the cookies, stir the coconut butter with the powdered sugar and the thyme leaves, just enough to combine.
- Add the egg yolk, a pinch of salt, and the two types of flour sifted together.
- Add the lemon juice and shape the dough into a ball, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for approximately 1 hour.
- Flour the work surface and roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/2 centimeter and cut out the cookies with a cookie cutter of your choice.
- Sprinkle the cookies lightly with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 160C for 10 minutes, until the cookie edges are lightly golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and cool them on a wire rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories260Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.