Rather than mixing all of the chocolate chips into the batter, some are reserved and sprinkled on top of the cupcakes before baking, creating a sort of built-in "frosting" when the chips melt during baking. These cupcakes are exceptionally moist, too, thanks to the addition of yogurt and sunflower oil in the batter, and because they take only 30 minutes to make and bake, you can serve them for an afterschool snack or weeknight dessert.
- 100 grams flour
- 40 grams cocoa powder
- 60 grams granulated sugar
- 10 grams baking powder
- 100 grams chocolate chips
- baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 125 milliliters yogurt (coconut-flavored)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and a pinch of salt and baking soda.
- In a glass, pour together the egg, sunflower oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract, and mix lightly with a fork.
- Whisk the liquids into the solids until all the flour is absorbed.
- Fill a muffin pan with muffin liners and fill batter to the top. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Test doneness by piercing the centers with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the muffins are done.
|Calories280Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.