Pull out all the stops for your company with this simple and delicious coconut chocolate chip bundt cake. Drizzled with a light icing, this cake looks beautiful and tastes wonderful. For a more fruity flavor, add or substitute apples or dried cranberries.
- 250 grams unsalted butter
- 150 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 300 grams self rising flour
- 80 grams coconut (dried)
- 250 milliliters milk
- 100 grams dark chocolate chips
- 640 grams powdered sugar
- 80 milliliters boiling water
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Cake Preparation:
- Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mix.
- Add the flour, coconut, and milk, mix.
- Add chocolate chips, mix.
- Pour mixture into a bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool for ten minutes on rack.
- Icing Preparation:
- In a bowl, mix icing sugar and boiling water. Optionally, use milk instead of water for a shiny, white frosting
- Spread icing with a spatula on completely cooled cake.