- 2 acorn squash (medium)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 boxes Lean Cuisine Origins Coconut Chickpea Curry
- 1 handful fresh cilantro (roughly chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 475° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each acorn squash in half lengthwise (from pointed tip to stem), and use a spoon to remove the seeds.
- Brush a 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil on the inside of each squash half.
- Sprinkle the halves evenly with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange the squash halves cut side down onto the baking sheet.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Roast the squash for 30-35 minutes, until they are fork-tender. While the squash roasts, microwave the two boxes of Lean Cuisine Origins Coconut Chickpea Curry according to package directions.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully flip each squash half so the cut sides face up. Spoon half a tray of the curry into each squash cavity, mounding it slightly at the top.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven. Continue roasting for 10-12 minutes longer until the squash is browned at the edges and the curry is heated through.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Transfer the squash halves to a serving plate. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro if desired, and serve immediately.
|Calories110Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Engler 24 days ago
delicious! i made my own from scratch chickpea curry while the squash cooked.