- 1/2 pound shortbread cookies
- 1/3 pound butter (melted)
- 3 packets gelatine (divided)
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 pounds strawberries
- 1 lemon
- chocolate chips (to decorate, optional)
- To make the crust, place the cookies in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Mix crumbs with melted butter. Grease a 10 inch springform pan and press the crumb mixture firmly into the base, raising slightly at the edge. Refrigerate for about 30 mins.
- To make the filling, sprinkle two of the gelatine packets over 1/4 cup cold water, allow to sit for 5 minutes until bloomed. Beat together the cream cheese, 2/3 cup of the sugar and the vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in the coconut milk. Mix the bloomed gelatine with 2 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture, then fold into the remaining mixture.
- Whisk the cream until stiff then fold into the cream cheese mixture. Spread over the cookie base. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Sprinkle the remaining gelatine over 1/4 cup cold water. Purée half the strawberries with the remaining sugar and the lemon juice. Reserve 2 whole strawberries for garnish. Mix the gelatine with 4-6 tsp of the strawberry purée. Mix into the remaining strawberry purée then fold in the strawberry pieces. Spread over the top of the cheesecake and chill for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cut the reserved strawberries into quarters and use to decorate the cake. Serve the cake cut into slices, sprinkled with chocolate chips if desired.
|Calories430Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.