- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk (or whole)
- 14 ounces coconut milk (you can use low fat)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 10 basil leaves
- 2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- toasted coconut (Optional:, for garnish)
- Add water and sugar to a saucepan. Heat just until the sugar is dissolved. Add the basil leaves and stir. Remove from heat.
- Pour into a bowl and cool completely.
- Combine the milk, canned coconut milk and coconut.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Place in ice cream maker and process.