Cocoa, Zucchini, and Hazelnut CakeAs receitas lá de casa
Just the recipe name itself is enough to get your mouth watering, and that's when you see the photo and wham! It's totally no surprise if you happen to be overcome with the desire to make this cake, and Right. Now. After all, it's like the very best zucchini bread but with cocoa powder added to the batter, and with hazelnuts replacing the usual walnuts. This is snacking cake at its finest .
- 200 grams flour
- 150 grams zucchini
- 50 grams cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 80 grams margarine (at room temperature, or softened in the microwave)
- 200 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 60 grams chopped hazelnuts (finely)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1Preheat oven to 360°F.
- 2Grease a cake pan with butter and flour.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Grind the hazelnuts for a few seconds in a Thermomix at speed 5-7, until they have turned to powder.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Weigh the zucchini, then peel and cut into small pieces.
- 7Chop briefly on speed 4.
- 8Repeat, if necessary.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Rinse and dry the grinder.
- 11Place the sugar in, increasing from speed 5-10 for about 30 seconds.
- 12Add the butter and set for 2.5 minutes, at speed 3.5.
- 13Set for 3 minutes at speed 3 and add 1 egg every minute.
- 14At the last minute, add the vanilla extract and the milk.
- 15Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and ground hazelnuts.
- 16Set for 2 minutes, speed 3.5.
- 17Finally, add the zucchini and mix for a few seconds, speed 3.
- 18Place it in the the cake pan and bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- 19Perform a toothpick test to be sure that it's done. Once done, remove it from the oven, remove the cake from the pan and let it cool.