These delicate muffins feature two favorite flavors, vanilla and chocolate, in one delicious treat, for double the pleasure. Be sure to buy a good quality cocoa powder that is unsweetened, and also pure vanilla extract with no artificial additives, for the best flavor. Because the batter is leavened with baking soda, the muffins have light and airy after baking. All that's needed to serve is to dust them with powdered sugar.
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 75 grams butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 180 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place paper liners in a muffin tin. Recipe makes enough for 15 muffins.
- Mix the butter with the sugar until creamy. Add the eggs one at time, mixing with each addition. In a separate bowl, mix the vanilla extract with the cocoa.
- Decrease the speed of the mixer and add the cocoa.
- Sift the flour with the salt and baking soda, add and mix until fluffy.
- Pour in muffin liners and bake for 30 minutes.