Why make a cake that contains both carob and cocoa powders, you may well be asking? Well, the powders have similar but distinct flavors, and when combined one somehow improves the taste of the other for a more well-rounded result. The cake is also m…
de with peanut oil, which lends subtle flavor, dark brown sugar, for that unmistakable molasses taste, and hot skimmed milk, which gives the cake incredible moistness.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 1 cup white bread flour
- 1/2 cup carob flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- In a mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until a soft batter forms.
- Add the oil while continuing to beat.
- Add the carob flour and cocoa powder. Keep the electric mixer on medium speed.