Frangipane — an almond cream filling — stars in this recipe, which also features almond flour for nutty results. Once its cocoa dough is prepared and refrigerated, it's rolled out and placed in a pie plate with fluted edges. A layer of orange jam then offers a surprise beneath the almond cream. After baking, a dash of powdered sugar caps off wow-worthy dessert. If you cannot find the bitter almond extract the recipe calls for, regular almond extract can be used.
- 1/2 lemon
- 180 grams sugar
- 180 grams all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 130 grams almond flour
- 40 grams corn starch
- 10 grams cocoa
- 1 teaspoon bitter almond extract
- powdered sugar
- Add the lemon zest and 80 grams of sugar to a food processor and pulse.
- Add the sugar mixture, flour, 1 eggs, 100 grams of softened butter, cut into pieces, baking powder, and vanilla to a stand mixing bowl. Mix well until a crumbly dough forms.
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Sift the almond flour with the cornstarch, cocoa and a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl, cream the remaining butter and sugar.
- Add the remaining eggs while beating continuously, and the dry ingredients, one spoonful at a time, until they have been completely incorporated.
- Add the almond extract and continue beating until the mixture is creamy.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Press the dough into a 24-centimeter pie plate and flute the edges.
- Spread the orange jam on the bottom of the pie crust. Pour the cream into the pie plate and level it well.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes.
- Allow the pie cool and sprinkle the pie with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1010Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.